The Monica Chibuogu Nneji Foundation is committed to improving access to health, education, and upward mobility for communities in need. We meet our mission through charitable contributions from everyday people who want to invest in:
- Scholarships for Future Health Care Professionals: Our communities need health care professionals that are innovative, inclusive, and resilient. So, we identify these character traits early on in students of any age pursuing college and graduate degrees toward careers in nursing, medicine, occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, public health, biomedical engineering, etc. The Foundation provides scholars with financial aid for one semester and professional mentorship for the remaining semesters leading to graduation.
- Workshops on Higher Education Opportunities: Our communities need information and tools to overcome odds and pursue higher education. So, we demystify the application process for leading public and private secondary schools, colleges and universities and we bring our experience of earning over $1.5 Million in scholarships to empower families. The Foundation provides applicants with workshops including guest experts to help students make informed decisions and plan ahead for their future.
- Advocacy for Social and Economic Mobility: Our communities are rich in diverse abilities, experiences, and resources. However, many consequential systems in place have not been designed with our diversity in mind. So, we identify opportunities to redesign systems with more public representation of people with disabilities. As the Foundation grows, our goal is to provide grants to support sustainable efforts that directly address the intergenerational health, education, income, transportation and housing challenges in our communities.
- For people who have been systematically excluded from traditional professional or educational pathways due to hearing, intellectual, learning, mental health, physical, and/or visual disabilities.
- Advocate for accessible public services, advancement in society, and inclusion in the economy.
- Invest in community organizations and innovations that directly serve people with special needs.